Electrical Controls Technician
Demob Job Reference: j3017
Job Title: Electrical Controls Technician
Location: Hyde, Manchester
Salary: Up to £40,000 depending on experience
Our client based in Hyde, Manchester is a well-established and leading global manufacturer and integrator in the Aerospace, Automotive, Nuclear and general automation industry. Due to continued expansion our client is now looking for an Electrical Controls Technician to join their existing team. This role does involve field service work so there will be occasional overnight stays both in the UK and overseas.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Army (REME), Royal Navy (Marine Engineer) or Royal Air Force (RAF) coming from an electrical engineering background and have previously worked within a similar role ideally installation / commissioning of electrical controls.
- You will be responsible for the installation of cable containment, multicore power, control & signal cableing.
- Electrical control panel manufacture and testing.
- Machine wiring and testing.
- Installation and operation of PLC control systems, temperature, pressure and other similar logic controllers.
- Fault finding and repair of electrical control systems.
- Running and terminating cables, installation of trunking.
- You will be required to travel the UK and overseas in the company van therefore must be flexible with regards to any overnight stays required.
- The successful candidate will ideally be educated to HNC Level in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- You must have 17th edition wiring regulations or equivalent.
- Strong working background within an industrial / manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of pneumatic control systems.
- IPAF certified for use of MEWP.
- Knowledge of data cabling and termination methods and practices.
- Ability to read and follow schematic diagrams, cable schedules, single line diagrams, general arrangement diagrams and P&ID diagrams.
- Problem solver.
- IT Literate: MS Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm and persistence.
- Strong business orientation.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Salary £25,000 - £40,000 per year depending on experience.
- Overtime available.
- Mon - Fri, 8.30am - 5pm.
- 22 days holiday (plus 8 stats).
- Pension Scheme.
- Company van.
- Challenging and varied working environment.