Infrastructure Design Architect
Infrastructure Design Architect- London
Recruiting for an Infrastructure Design Architect to join a large Insurance company based in London (with some travel depending on projects supported).
This is a permanent position offering up to £60k depending on experience, with a great benefits package and bonus.
The Infrastructure Design Architect will lead the development of infrastructure architecture for complex systems, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed within the CTO team and the broader IT function.
Responsible for ensuring infrastructure delivered as part of projects they are allocated to are in line with the IT strategy and target architecture roadmap as defined by the CTO team.
The role will co-ordinate design activities and work with fellow architects as well as IT/Business Change colleagues to promote design discipline and ensure consistency across all solutions delivered.
On a project the Infrastructure Design Architect will take responsibility for understanding requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and resolving design issues relating to infrastructure. As part of this they will identify, evaluate and recommend options.
In addition, the Infrastructure Design Architect will be responsible for ensuring that appropriate IT standards are adhered to, and work to extend these where reusable elements of the design will have value to subsequent projects.
To be considered for this role you must have the following:
- Understanding of infrastructure, infrastructure architecture standards and principles.
- Working with multiple third parties to develop and ratify designs - especially offshore
- Working with outsourced infrastructure providers
- Understanding of IT risk management processes
- Experience in Cloud adoption (Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service) and integrating this with on premise capabilities.
- Demonstrated experience in leading the design of successful Microsoft based systems using the majority of the following core technology components:
(Windows operating system desktop and server, SQL Server, VMware, Hyper-V, Cisco Network (IOS and Nexus), Active Directory, Exchange, SAN storage, SAML 2 based authentication, Windows PKI, Cisco telephony/VC/Jabber, WAN, Systems Centre)
If you would like to apply, or know someone who may be a good match, please submit your CV.
Hancock and Parsons Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Hancock and Parsons Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.