Location: Dorchester & Sturminster Newton
Salary: £18,500 per annum pro rata
Contract: Permanent, Part-Time (30 hours)
To start as soon as possible
YOU is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
The Care Navigator will provide expert advice and information, identify appropriate community assets to provide support, whilst contributing to the development of a vibrant third sector infrastructure by actively engaging with communities, charity organisations, statutory services and voluntary networks.
The Care Navigator will undertake asset based assessments and holistic care/support planning and co-ordination to provide supportive interventions to access care and community support in partnership with individuals and their circles of support and statutory agencies. Through timely interventions and care co-ordination, demand on statutory services to combat unnecessary hospital admissions, GP appointments and residential placements will be reduced.
The Care Navigator will also be responsible for the development of a team of volunteers to support the role.
For this role you must be:
• Person centred in your work, treating everyone with courtesy, dignity and respect.
• Able to work with clients to build a trusting relationship based on an equal and reciprocal relationships building on people’s skills and strengths and tailoring the support identified to enable people to live a full and independent life.
• Able to recruit and support a small team of volunteers to support you in your role and extend your reach and capacity
• Able to develope positive working relationships with the local statutory, voluntary and charitable agencies to ensure that support is integrated and seamless, avoiding duplication, complexity and confusion to clients.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
The ideal Care Navigator will:
• Have experience of working in health, social care or information and advice, in direct contact with clients, families and carers in a paid or voluntary capacity.
• Understand promoting independence through person centred planning to enable clients to achieve positive outcomes.
• Be able to use initiative and think creatively to achieve client goals.
• Have the ability to recognize gaps in service provision and new service opportunities.
• Have excellent risk management skills
• Be flexible and able to work shifts including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
• Be a car driver with business insurance, as it is essential that you are able to drive for this role.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
• Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time.
• Enhanced annual leave entitlements, sick pay allowances and pension scheme contributions.
• Excellent and professionally certified training.
• Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
• Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
• Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
• A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
• The chance to work with amazing people.
If you think you have the skills to provide this service, we can’t wait to hear from you! Please click 'Apply’ to forward your details on to us; please be sure to include your name, email address and contact telephone number. We will then contact you directly to discuss the role and ask you a few key questions to make sure that this is the right position for you. If you are successful during this initial screening you will be invited to an assessment and interview, the date of which will be agreed at this point. Please note; we will select the first suitable applicants for interview and assessment, so don’t delay, apply today!
Assessment Date: Wednesday 31st May 2017
Interview Date: Wednesday 7th June 2017