Our client, an award winning mobile development company are looking for a strategic Design Director to join their team. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced UX designer to be involved with strategic product development and work closely with clients and partners. This person will have the chance to work with a highly ambitious mobile agency and help launch innovative products and services. This Director will lead a team of UX designers and will report to the CTO. You will have worked in a development capacity and will be able to give direction both externally and internally.
The role will involve:
- Enhancing the UX performance
- Being responsible for the team’s UX / UI outputs including workshops, user testing, project scoping, and design QA. You will lead the UX team.
- Inspiring clients in how to place UX at the centre of their strategy
- Establishing strong relationships with the clients
- Delivering the best UX / UI demonstrating the company’s expertise in mobile web application solutions
The skills you will need:
- Expert in adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Sketch
- UX and Visual Design authority
- Considerable experience with end-to-end mobile application projects
- Full knowledge of both iOS and Android interface guidelines
- Solid experience with all or some of the following; InVision, Omnigraffle, Proto.io, Marvel, Pixate and UX Pin is preferred
- Experience supporting senior clients including C-Level and start-ups would be a preferred
- You will be a dynamic strong presenter - being client facing is a main part of the job. We are looking for someone who isn’t afraid to get involved in meetings and help advise on mobile development.
- A strong background in team management is needed
- You will be passionate about new technologies