Software Developer In Testing - Winchester - £35K to £42.5K
Software Developer In Testing is required to join a market leading company from their head office based in central Winchester which are able to offer a competitive salary along with excellent benefits and a fantastic bonus scheme.
The role of a Software Developer In Testing involves working within an Agile environment and being responsible for the creation, maintenance and execution of automation test scripts using C#, Specflow, NUnit, Selenium WebDriver and similar technologies with the end goal of reducing effort and time on testing tasks, increasing test coverage and mitigating product risk. You will be working throughout the full lifecycle in regard to the creation and implementation of end-to-end Test Automation approaches and scripts, ensuring solutions are fit for purpose, free of defects and meet the expected quality standards. The projects you will be working on will be a mixture of web applications along with windows based applications and database systems.
The correct candidate for the Software Developer In Testing will have:
- Proven commercial test automation experience on a range of medium to large scale projects.
- Hands-on commercial experience using Selenium WebDriver.
- Significant experience of working within a test automation framework.
- Proven experience writing Selenium scripts and developing scripts using C#.
- Exposure to and experience of unit testing frameworks such as NUnit or MSTest.
- Knowledge and experience of using other tools such as UFT, JMeter, SoapUI.
- Thorough knowledge of structured test methods and processes.
- Proven experience of testing complex user interfaces and systems.
- Experience of working on projects delivered using an Agile methodology.
- Experience of testing content management systems and content-managed web sites.
- Hands-on experience of setting up and maintaining Selenium automation environments.
- Proven experience of installing applications, restoring SQL databases and interrogating SQL databases.
- A good understanding of Client/Server, n-tier and Event Driven architectures.
As this is a software tester position you attention to detail must be very strong. You will be expected to work within a team environment as well so your communications skills, both written and verbal, must be very good.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company that can offer a full career path, training opportunities along with an excellent benefits scheme and bonus scheme (up to 20%).
Keywords: Automated Test Developer, Selenium, C#, Agile, Test Scripts, Winchester, Hampshire