Design & Technology Technician
An exciting opportunity not to be missed! Our client is currently looking for a Design & Technology Technician to come and join their team based in St Albans. You will join them on a part time, permanent basis working 18 hours per week, Monday, Tuesday and Friday, 8.30 – 3.00 during term time only (plus 5 INSET days). You will receive a competitive starting salary of £20,086 per annum (pro rata) plus benefits.
About the Design & Technology Technician role
You will provide technical support to teaching staff and classes across the curriculum within design and technology. You will be expected to adopt a flexible style in order to tackle a range of routine duties within the department, as instructed by the Head of Department.
Key Duties & Responsibilities of the Design & Technology Technician
- To check and prepare materials, resources and equipment for daily use and prepare materials for all long term projects studied
- To check that equipment is issued to the subject teacher at the start of the lesson and that it is returned at the end
- To carry out routine maintenance of workshop equipment, machine and hand tools
- Managing Technology stock
- To work alongside subject teachers during designing and making activities to aid students as and when required
- To provide technical advice and help to staff and students, for example, manufacture pieces of equipment, jigs and fixtures as required by staff for class demonstration or students use
- To maintain continuous oversight of working practices within the department to ensure all safety procedures are being adhered to and Data Certificates in place
- To attend regular department meetings so as to be actively involved in decision making within the department.
- To build storage units to display students’ work in order to help raise the profile of the department within the school
Key Skills & Experience required of the Design & Technology Technician
- Relevant experience in technology, particularly in a commercial, industrial or educational environment
- Experience of working with and maintaining tools and equipment
- IT literate
- Good numeracy/literacy skills
- A degree or HND or City & Guilds qualification in relevant subject
- Ability to relate well to students and adults
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team
- An understanding of classroom roles and responsibilities and this post’s position within these
- Knowledge of First Aid or Certificate holder
If you would like to join the team as the new Design & Technology Technician then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity!
The appointee’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom s/he comes into contact will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the School’s Child Protection Policy at all times. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the post the appointee becomes aware of any actual or potential risk to the safety or welfare of children in the School s/he must report any concerns to the Designated Senior Leader.