To lead the daily operation of a team in Frimley to complete daily processing of foreign currency and sterling, to ensure that the targets set are met and exceeded whilst quality standards are maintained. In so doing, to provide motivation and direction to your team by encouraging and supporting the achievement of goals through regular coaching, feedback and performance management.
- Plan, organise and manage daily processing of FX & Stirling, ensuring that this runs like clockwork & delivers required results
- Ensure all controls and checks for your area are adhered to according to established processes and standards.
- Communicate all relevant information including department goals and performance, to your own team as well as to peers and management in a timely, precise and efficient manner by confidently using the full range of communication channels
- Proactively review processes and procedures to ensure they remain compliant
- Ensure the procedures for your area are up to date and all staff have read and understood them.
- Monitor and evaluate high performance and under performance and make use of appropriate training and development to address this where necessary
- Deliver continuous measurable improvement in quality through appropriate checks and controls, and through evaluation of individual performance/error statistics
- Provide support to Duty managers and cover for when required.
- Ensure your team acts collaboratively, and set an example to the wider department
- Work supportively and flexibly with other team leaders
- Understand and support the wider objectives of the operation, through flexible resourcing and other shared initiatives.
- Maintain a safe working environment & ensure adherence to health and safety rules
Role-specific experience and skills
- Results / target oriented
- Strong time management / organisational capabilities
- The ability to analyse issues, develop solutions and influence key decisions
- Able to stay calm under pressure
- Able to manage / lead and build a strong team
- Strong relationship building / development skills
- Background in a highly procedural / process heavy role desirable
General experience and personal qualities
- Willingness to 'roll up sleeves’, 'get stuck in’ and lead from the front
- An inspiring disposition; the ability to engage and lead by example
- To be comfortable with an 'open door’ policy and be approachable
- The ability to manage teams to deliver , recognising the need to develop, motivate and empower whilst maintaining pace and managing priorities
- Self-aware, open-minded with a high degree of personal and professional integrity