Lead Engineer - Hadoop
Lead Engineer - Hadoop - £75 -£80K plus benefits / Edinburgh
Change recruitment group are recruiting for a Lead Engineer to join their Analytics Infrastructure team, within their broader Technology function. You'll have the opportunity to select and define the technology they use, as you help them keep up to speed in an ever changing world of IT by improving their development, testing and deployment process. This is a fantastic opportunity to apply both your development and creative skills to create unique solutions.
What you'll do
Key to the success of the Hadoop/Cloudera technology across the bank, you'll work with a team of Enterprise Architects to define the place Hadoop technology will take within the technology landscape, and how it will interact with other products and technologies.
Your role will involve:
- Thinking outside the box and having an innovative approach when it comes to technology adoption and service improvement work
- Getting involved in a variety of projects where you'll have real scope to shape the project roadmap and influence the way products are selected and adopted within the bank
- Being recognised as a custodian for the Technology standards developed for the Hadoop technology
Skills required should include but not be limited to:
- Hadoop platform, including HDFS, YARN, Hive and MapReduce.
- Unix administration experience will be key, as well as knowledge of project management
- Experience implementing large infrastructure environments.
- IT automation framework knowledge.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation who take pride in looking after their staff, investing in training and offering a fun, friendly working environment. If you are looking for your next career move and have the essential skills, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.