IT Support Technician
Role: Permanent Full Time
Location: Central London
This role is mainly responsible for providing effective day-to-day delivery of first line support services and functions to internal staff.
The IT Support role will be expected to resolve calls and requests in accordance with defined Service levels; liaise with staff and support teams to ensure the timely resolution of incidents and requests. It will also be necessary to provide technical advice and expertise in relation to desktop hardware and software, provide quick break fix solutions to staff queries and escalate those to the appropriate expert team within a defined time period ensuring information gathering is complete.
- Resolve incidents and action requests as required by performing an accurate diagnosis and implementing an appropriate solution. Monitor and escalate incidents and requests against defined service levels.
- Build and develop relationships between all support teams, inclusive of Desktop Support, Support Desk and Technical Infrastructure teams.
- To carry out root cause analysis work to ensure we are taking a proactive approach to providing support to our Customers.
- Working closely with current systems and support staff and identifying current or pending areas of concern, and opportunities for growth or consolidation.
- Collect and prepare management information as required.
- Email, Phone and desk-side technical support of Windows Server/PC/laptop and related software.
- Active Directory and Exchange administration.
- Support and data management with CRM and website.
- Working on challenging and interesting projects.
Desirable experience and skills:
- Knowledge of Microsoft products including Active Directory and Exchange
- Knowledge of network technologies including DNS/DHCP/Switches/Firewalls/VLAN
- Experience of providing hardware and software support to Windows desktop and server operating systems
- Knowledge of CRM and CMS
- Excellent customer service skills
- Be solution focused
- Good communication skills both written and verbally
China Britain Business Council is the leading organisation helping companies to work together in China, the UK and third markets around the world. With 60 years of experience, experts in 11 UK offices and 15 Chinese locations, and a diverse 1,000-strong membership, we operate alongside the British Chamber of Commerce in China to support companies of all sizes and sectors from multinationals to SMEs. As the partner of choice for British companies working with China, CBBC delivers a range of events, tailored research and consultative services. We cooperate closely with government to highlight export opportunities for UK companies and investment opportunities for Chinese organisations, and work closely with a range of partners across the UK and China, including the UK Department for International Trade (formerly UKTI). For more information about us, please visit our website at http://www.cbbc.org. Follow us on Twitter @ChinaBritain.