Basic salary: £90,000 + + 17.5% Bonus
City : London
Configuration management is a new and recently deployed capability within the clients ITSM model. The Configuration Manager will ultimately be fully responsible for the clients global configuration management demands and processes. The accuracy of the newly formed CMDB and its associated configuration processes will be under this roles' full accountability.
- Fully accountable for the accuracy and data integrity of the CMDB
- Must ensure sub configuration process owners' roles are carried out to maintain full accuracy of the CMDB (e.g ensuring the Network, Application, Infrastructure etc. configuration owner has complied to the process in a timely manner)
- Ensures integrity is maintained throughout from the IBM TADDM discovery tool and ServiceNow's CMDB instance
- Leads continuous improvement in regards to disciplined configuration and data management processes
- Manages the configuration and data management processes, including interpretation of contract requirements, formal configuration baseline control, configuration documentation, contract data requirements delivery, program library, and functional and physical configuration audits.
- Participates in all change control boards
- Assist in implementation of hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures.
- Verification and validation of configuration records against the a variety
of data sources and systems
- Ensures continuous improvement programmes are driven forward
- Control change to, and maintain the integrity of, the application development and project's artefacts.
- Identifying configuration items, restricting changes to those items, auditing changes made to those items, and defining and managing configurations of those items throughout the software development process.
- Trace defects, requirements, specifications and test cases.
- Liaison between the project team, helping to track defects and build issues. - Creating builds and manage Development/QA/Production promotions.
- Ensuring that right versions of configuration items are selected for change or implementation.
- Definition and enforcement of object check-in/check-out procedures.
- Creation and documentation of procedures Technical & Behavioural
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrable leadership experience within a Configuration Management ITSM model.
- Ability to manage delivery initiatives / projects and experience of doing so
- Knowledge and experience of formal business operations procedures (e.g. ITIL)
- An understanding of the technologies he/she is accountable for including:
- Windows, Unix and Linux operating systems.
- Public/private/hybrid cloud
- Storage fundamentals (SAN, NAS and storage networks)
- Infrastructure services (SMTP, DNS, DHCP)
- Generic management of message flow (Mail filtering/hygiene, Routing, SMTP, and SMS)
- HA technologies
- Monitoring and management products
- Enterprise backup
- Access controls systems (RADIUS, LDAP, AD, IDAM)
- Database administration and concepts
- DeVops Automation and Orchestration technologies (Chef/Puppet/Ansible/Salt etc.)
- IaaS concepts and technologies (OpenStack)
- DeVops Methodology
- Excellent people management skills - ability to influence, manage and work in collaborative teams and key interface points such as Change and Release Managers, Technical teams, Business Stakeholders and external vendors
Desirable knowledge and skills:
- Good understanding of networking principles (principally in a Cisco environment).
- Experience of the Service Now ITSM platform and IBM Tooling notably TADDM and Big Fix.
Behavioural/ Personality Specifications required
- Customer Service Skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Intra/Inter personnel skills
- Strategic & Problem Solving Skills
- Someone who has excellent attention to detail, and is able to provide accurate and consistent levels of working
- Work in a team that is spread across various global locations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
- 8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
- Formal training in project management practices preferred
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
Huntress does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.