BI Lead Developer
BI Team Lead - Fund Management
UK Fund Manager seeks a BI team lead to join their London office.
Cross-functional team where members have the various skills necessary to design, build, test and support the systems under its remit. All team members are responsible for ensuring the business goals are met and will do whatever is needed to get the job complete. As the BI lead you will be proficient in the full BI stack and have experience in the designing and leading scalable bespoke reporting and dashboard solutions.
You will also have exposure to one or more of the leading visualisation tools. There is a strong focus on automation and DevOps within the team and you will be heavily involved with developing and implementing automated frameworks into the organisation. You will also be the go to person for coaching and advice around business intelligence and reporting frameworks.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Line managing a team of SQL, BI and DBA developers.
- Managing priorities and delivering a roadmap
- Liaise with users across the organisation to understand metrics and associated reporting requirements.
- Identify on-going improvements to existing business intelligence systems and deliver scalable solutions
- Develop day-to-day MI reports
- An excellent communicator to both business & technical professionals
- Coaching and mentoring other team members on BI stack
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improvements to enhance quality, efficiency and effectiveness of deliverable.
- Ensure all development and architecture activities adhere to best practice and follow the prescribed governance. Contribute improvements to governance as appropriate.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar leadership role is essential
- Experience with Microsoft SQL-Server 2012+ including T-SQL
- Experience with SSIS / SSRS
- Good knowledge of ETL process ideally CADIS other ETL tool
- Exposure to the full Software development lifecycle
- Understanding of Data Warehousing principles
- VSTS, automated deployment and release management
- MS SQL Server Azure
- .Net/C#, ASP.Net, VB.Net
- Streaming Data, Kafka, Data Lakes, Spark
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.