Senior Fraud Analyst
Capital on Tap is a fintech startup offering an innovative lending facility to small businesses in the UK. Our groundbreaking technology directly challenges and redefines traditional banking facilities, helping our customers access instant funding to grow their business.
Far from a beige cube farm, our corporate headquarters in West London is designed to support a dynamic, relaxed and fun culture complete with pool table, beer tap and 2 office dogs.
We are looking for a Senior Fraud Analyst to support our Head of Risk in delivering upon fraud tasks and to help foster a culture of risk awareness. You will investigate suspicious activity using your analytical skills. From this you will refine insightful, accurate and data driven policies, as well as review methodologies with an emphasis on automation. This is very much an analytical/strategic fraud role (as opposed to operational).
You consider yourself something of a Fraud SME, familiar with commonly used data sources, solutions, analytics and tools used for fraud detection and prevention. You thrive in an environment that is constantly changing, and that provides you with both challenge and opportunity. You recognise the importance of being able to track, record, and combat fraud at scale as a huge part of competitive advantage.
- Implement, manage and improve the fraud detection system and continually evaluate and refine rules to ensure that customers and the business are protected from the threat of fraud
- Deliver and execute on changes to fraud prevention rules, including analysis of volume and financial impacts
- Provide a mechanism to support, develop and provide feedback to fraud operational processes based on findings from fraud systems data and investigations
- Work together with all internal stakeholders to ensure the best outcomes for customers and the business are met
- Research and establish networks with industry leaders to provide latest and best in house fraud prevention tools
Key Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience in online fraud prevention in Banking, Credit Cards or Loans
- Analytical approach to Fraud and Risk in assessing risk, recommending change and monitoring trends
- Ability to demonstrate best practises in combatting Fraud, Money Laundering and counter-terrorism with a drive to build processes, monitoring and rules to protect against such financial crime
- Knowledge of UK fraud industry bodies (CIFAS, Hunter, Threat Metrix)
- Must be able to communicate clearly at all levels and capable of writing procedures, presentations and reports
- Adaptable and be able to embrace change including resilience under pressure
- A thirst to investigate, propose and embrace new methods and technology
- Experience in SQL based Fraud analysis