The UK manufacturing division of a global, multi-billon dollar business is recruiting a Financial Controller for its site in South Leeds.
The UK business is a c£20m turnover division of the international group supplying unique products to customers in a variety of markets such as pharmaceutical, food, health care and medical.
The role of Financial Controller is the 'Number 1' finance position on site, reporting to the European Head of Finance and supporting the Site Director and Senior Leadership Team with commercial decisions in line with achieving the company's objectives.
Duties of the role include:
- Business partnering the management team in order to provide comprehensive financial insight to operating issues
- Contribute towards commercial and strategic decision making
- Monthly analysis of profit and loss, capital spending, standard cost calculation, new product reviews and stock valuation.
- Provide detail and analysis on operational expenditure including variance analysis, material usage, labour spend and overhead spend
- Production of the annual budget for review by the European Finance and Manufacturing management team
- Ensure the integrity of the financial information provided to internal and external stakeholders
- Responsibility for the appropriate statutory and tax compliance frameworks
We are looking for a CIMA / ACCA / ACA Qualified individual with previous experience in a high volume manufacturing environment. The business is fast paced and lean, with regular conflicting demands placed on the finance team meaning the Financial Controller should be an accomplished people manager who can prioritise workloads and delegate effectively. Previous experience of SAP is essential as is an advanced level of Excel skill.
On offer is a generous basic salary, 15% performance related bonus, exceptional pension and private healthcare.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.