Technical Analyst and SQL Specialist
Are you a SQL Server expert with tenacity, attention to detail and an intuitive feel for IT? We have an opportunity as part of a dedicated team implementing and supporting the UK’s best-selling ophthalmology patient records system.
You will be responsible for implementing, upgrading and extending our SQL-based patient record application on customer infrastructure, as well as investigating and resolving escalated technical queries.
You will be an integral part of our Technical Operations team, working closely with designers and developers of the system as well as our customers.
Working in a smaller company exposes our technical team to broader aspects of the business, including new software and interface implementations, contributing to software development and improving our internal infrastructure.
THE PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Great T-SQL skills;
- DBA experience;
- Ability to understand, modify and test software scripts or code;
- Ideally some exposure to administering Windows Server, IIS, Active Directory or TCP/IP networking.
You will have a strong track record in problem solving, able to:
- Methodically investigate and resolve issues such as bugs or performance problems, including understanding impact of and upon the underlying infrastructure;
- Quickly understand and use new concepts, technologies and systems;
- Discover, analyse, document and satisfy implementation requirements;
- Lead implementation workstreams;
- Learn from experience and continually improve skills, practice and process;
- Develop close professional and productive relationships with colleagues and customers;
- Communicate clearly and accurately as appropriate to the audience.
WHAT WE OFFER
Medisoft is an award-winning Leeds based healthcare IT company, offering an exciting and challenging working environment and an opportunity to make a real difference to people with eye conditions and the clinical teams who care for them.
To attract and retain the very best talent we offer a generous package, which includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Generous annual leave, incremental on length of service
- Flexible working
- Annual team tour
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Long service profit share scheme
The post is based at our offices in Leeds, but occasional travel may be required. Medisoft is an equal opportunities employer and invests heavily in its employees. If you think you can bring something special to our award winning team please email a current CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.
We have a strong preference for direct rather than agency applications.