Cognos BI Developer
Are you an experienced Cognos Developer ?
Would you like to work in a fantastic office in the city centre of Glasgow for a global company with a history spanning more then 200 years ?
If so I have a great role for you.
You will be part of a new team that has been set up to deliver relevant and insightful management information through Cognos BI Developer.
Main responsibilities include:
- Development and maintenance of Cognos reports, frameworks and packages in Cognos Enterprise 11+
- Administration of periodic Cognos report schedules
- Manage Cognos Enterprise BI environments (Dev, Test, UAT, Prod).
- Deliver first and second line Cognos support, ensuring calls are dealt with to a satisfactory conclusion
- Employ best practice in all phases of development which includes ETL (SSIS), SQL, Framework Manager models, cube development and report writing using Cognos Report Studio, and Framework Manager tools.
Required skills include:
- A sound knowledge of Report Studio, Framework Manager
- Experience with creating dashboards and Active reports.
- Strong experience of MS SQL or equivalent; Transact SQL, DB design and build
- Experienced in Microsoft SSIS 2008+. SSIS 2014 desired
- Exposure to IBM Cognos TM1 version 9.5+.
- Experience in the installation and upgrading of BI software
- Ability to see a project through from inception to completion including technical installation.
Desirable experience includes:
- Exposure to extensible visualization using RAVE2
- Experience with TFS
- Report writing, using Microsoft SSRS
- Familiar with data visualisation tools (Qlik, Tableau, Insight, etc.)
This is an excellent time to join my clients organisation during the start up face of a new team.
Search Consultancy is acting as an employment agency for this role.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.