Development Manager - Backend Systems - Relocate to Bangkok
Are you looking for challenges in building a very large scale system, say millions updates a day? We are looking for two top notch development managers to lead the development team of our client's hotel inventory system.
Please Note: This role is for relocation to Bangkok, Thailand - Full relocation and visa assistance provided
- 5- 10+years' experience in software development and a mix of the below mentioned technologies.
At least 3 years' experience in a leadership/influencer position: team lead, development manager or architect.
- You have worked in an Agile environment and you understand Scrum
- Familiarity with travel industry and rate system is a plus.
- Willing to relocate to Thailand
Some of the technologies that should be familiar with and be expert on couple of them.
You don't need to be expert in all of them:
- Frontend web development technologies (E.g.: ASP.NET MVC, Python, Play framework)
- Web service technologies (E.g.: WCF, REST, ASP.NET Web API)
- Relational database (E.g.: SQL Server, Oracle)
- NoSQL database technologies (E.g.: Cassandra, Hadoop, Couchbase)
- Message queueing technologies (E.g.: Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, MSMQ)
- Object Oriented Languages (E.g.: C#, Java, Scala)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- Performance and load testing
About you/ about our client:
Are you looking for challenges in building a very large scale system, say millions updates a day? We are looking for two top notch development managers to lead the development team of our client's hotel inventory system, that manage rates and allotments of rooms from hotels from all over the world. The system consists of both responsive web applications, API that hundreds of thousands of partners use to connect their inventory with their platform, and background processing that keeps everything running across multiple data centers. Since our client is the fasted growing online travel agency, there are millions of inventory updates coming through this connectivity API every single day. And yet, they still manage to have the information reflected on web site in almost real time.
You are an experienced agile development manager who masters technology to the point where you can make a trade off and decide when to use which technology, and push a platform forward. At the same time, you also have solid agile experience to deliver at rapid pace. If your career has begrudgingly moved you somewhat away from coding because you spend more and more time managing a team but you are so technology focused that you continue with IT hobby interests and technology still holds its fascination for you then you will fit in very well here.
You're experience with large distributed systems. There are many components that make up our supplies system from web site, web service API, Windows service, message queue, etc.
- Lead team of at 6 - 12high-energy developers
- Drive design and architecture of the system
- Drive engineering methodologies (unit testing, continuous delivery, code review, etc.)
- Drive the execution of the team toward the vision. Visionary and pragmatic.
- Grow and coach team members. Always challenge team to be higher performer.
- Work closely with product owner to provide technical direction
This NASDAQ listed IT Company with a start-up atmosphere is the largest and fastest growing on-line hotel booking platform in Asia. Our client is an incredible technical creative melting pot with the dynamism and short chain of command of a small company and the muscle of a $3bn business to make things happen
We welcome both local and international applications for this role. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance is available for eligible persons.