Senior Network Engineer CISCO, Telecoms.
Senior Network Engineer - Telecoms, Cisco, ASA, MBGP, MPLS VPNs, backbone.
WORLD LEADING TELECOMS HOUSE with plush modern offices in the heart of London, free gym, subsidised canteen and onsite bar, my client can offer a state art environment and a first class career at the forefront of the telecoms arena. A full benefits package, LARGE PENSION and LARGE BONUS are on offer. Flexible working hours.
We are currently looking for a Senior Network engineer to join their networking team. A full list of responsibilities I can send on receipt of CV,
Ideal knowledge set:
- University degree level education or equivalent in Computer Science / Data Communications.
- CCNP certificate, ideally CCIE certificate or equivalent level of expertise on routers, switches and network design and technologies obtained in network and security related roles
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience of working in a network environment configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting Cisco routers, switches and firewalls and monitoring devices to an advanced level
- Proven expert in configuring Cisco switches (desktops to Nexus); Routers (ISRs to ASR); ASA and Palo Alto Firewalls.
- In-depth knowledge and proven application of routing (OSPF, ISIS, BGP) in larger networks with high availability
- Knowledge and understanding of the working and operation of MBGP, MPLS VPNs, L3 VPN’s, VPLS, L2 tunnels over MPLS, Traffic Engineering, Inter AS VPN’s, Carrier to Carrier MPLS
- Alcatel experience such as 7705 SAR or 5620 SAM
- Experience in designing, implementing and monitoring Secure Networks
- Generally proficient in Windows and Linux / Solaris computer systems to systems administrator level with scripting knowledge
- Fluent with Microsoft Office components especially Visio
- Experienced in configuring network monitoring tools like Orion, Cacti and HP OpenView would be advantageous
- Knowledge of ancillary network tools like Radius, DNS and other monitoring / troubleshooting tools like Wireshark would be advantageous
- Willingness to learn new skills and be self-motivated
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and show flexibility
- A co-operative but assertive personality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English