Assistant Category Manager
Are you looking for the following in your next career move?
• A company that is continually growing with exciting plans for the future?
• An open & friendly working environment?
• To come first and not just be a number?
• Work for a winning team with great benefits and training?
You will be part of a team working with a training provider who invests seriously in training & development ensuring you have the best opportunities for personal career development.
The Assistant Category Manager role would suit somebody who is currently in a Junior Buying, Buyer/Procurement, Purchasing Assistant, Category Assistant role looking to progress their career. You will be open minded, able to use your own initiative and a free thinker.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:-
- Supporting the category manager in procurement, bid writing, contract exercises
- Lead bids appropriate to categories – funding, IT, professional services, and consultancy
- Provide reports & KPI’s
- Lead meetings
- Work internally and externally with suppliers to help forecast stock requirements
- Ensure that all pricing and administrative functions are processed accurately and in a timely manner
- Manage your category having knowledge of forecasts, progression & current spend
As an Assistant Category Manager you will need knowledge in the following;
- Experience within buying, procurement, category management, contract management, supply chain would be very beneficial
- A professional qualification such as CIPS, MCIPS or Degree in supply chain
- Excellent communication skills, verbal & written
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Ability to use logical and creative thinking to solve problems and make decisions
- Able to work under pressure