Business Operations Manager
Business Operations Manager - Nottingham - £70,000
The world's leading provider of intelligent business information is seeking an experienced and ambitious Business Operations Manager to join their finance and risk area of their organisation. Their finance and risk business provides innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster.
This role encompasses all responsibilities related to the core Business Operations function, supporting the Head of Office of the CTO.
The individual will provide informed guidance to peers, colleagues and partners regarding the operationalisation of the technology function. They will use their detailed knowledge and analysis to draw conclusions, create management information and provide insight while proactively identifying core operational issues that require mitigation, developing innovative solutions where possible.
The core Business Operations Manager supports the operating rhythm for F&R Technology Business Operations activities and analysis within the group. The core Business Operations function is responsible for engaging with a wide range of internal and external partners and colleagues to ensure efficiency, transparency and best practice workflow, supporting the Head of the Office of the CTO in setting up operating mechanisms that allow for clear communication, information flow and collaboration across the enterprise.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Manage operational administration and reporting for F&R Technology function assigned
- Maximise efficiency and effectiveness of the group by providing actionable insights
- Manage the collection, analysis and presentation of data
- Leads special projects that may involve operationalizing workflow, business analysis etc.
- Facilitate close ties and engagement between Technology teams through the operating rhythm, reporting and planning activities
- Partner strongly with Business Operations Business Partners, Programme Office, and Portfolio Directors to ensure alignment
- Overall responsibility for delivery, preparation and presentation of key monthly management information
- Provide value add analysis and detailed commentary to support the data within dashboard(s), and use this analysis to offer qualified points of view to facilitate decision-making and planning
- Drive transparency and clarity of information
- Support business planning in collaboration with other Technology functions and F&R stakeholders
- Serve as the first point of contact for any core business operations issues
- Work closely with key contacts within the business and ensure technology alignment to help form qualified information for planning purposes
- Produce bespoke reporting when required to support exceptional initiatives / reviews
- Drive efficiencies and effectiveness in the overall business operations processes
- Strong on execution to deliver high quality information to demanding deadlines
- Ability to translate vision and strategy into clear priorities and direction
- Ability to synthesise information and present succinctly
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities with partners and stakeholders in a professional manner
- An excellent understanding of both quantitative and qualitative information and the ability to combine these to form accurate and realistic forecasting and "views" of the business.
- Creativity and innovation: Continuously maintain an innovative mindset whist operating with a set of defined internal and external communication processes
- Experience in managing processes in a complex environment