Technical Support Manager
Technical Support Manager
£32,893 - £40,000
Our client, a large financial services organisation are looking to recruit a Technical Support Manager.
You will manage a small team responsible for implementation of banking & savings products in the a Product Catalogue and manage a variety of tasks and processes. The role focuses on data quality and data control and a large aspect of the role requires relationship/project management skills to support product delivery to tight deadlines. Working closely with stake holders as well as other areas, this role will be pivotal to provide technical support, data validation and control solutions to ensure the data integrity.
The ideal candidate will have experience in dealing with multiple stakeholders and have experience of working with data and data processes. They should have an excellent knowledge of the products we sell and be able to comfortably deal with data in a controlled manner. They will be flexible and able to respond quickly and decisively in a changing and challenging service-led environment.
An ethos of Data Quality and attention to detail are at the heart of the Department, and the right candidate will be able to demonstrate both from their past experience.
The Role, Key Responsibilities and Relationships
- Managing a small team to deliver product changes under tight deadlines
- Ability and experience of engaging and working effectively with multiple stakeholders meaning strong communication skills are required.
- Interpersonal skills are essential, together with the ability to establish good, professional, working relationships.
- Good organisational skills, focusing on providing good effective communications.
- Numerate, with excellent analytical, business awareness and influencing skills
- Representing the team as a subject matter expert in meetings and workshops.
- Establishing a broad knowledge of team activity and deputising for other team managers to be able to represent the teams more widely in different forms
- Ensuring departmental policies and processes are adhered to whilst encouraging a culture of ownership, accountability, responsibility and empowerment
- Co-ordinating activities with other operational areas including IT, Marketing and Finance to deliver project tasks and changes.
- Leading by example through times of change.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Required
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to deal effectively with all levels of staff and build good relations with internal and external departments.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload in order to deal with and manage change.
- Confident communicator with the ability to cope within a fast paced environment.
- Able to manage the implementation of data into the production environment.
- The successful applicant will demonstrate excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a strong level of attention to detail gained from a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a technical or business role.
- Able to manage own time and resource effectively.
- A high level of computer literacy. Experience in using advanced level of Microsoft suite of programs (e.g. Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint).
- A passion to offer excellent service.
- Experience with product assessment and delivery with the ability to assess impacts.
If you or someone you know are suitable for this role, apply confidentially today.
Please note, due to the nature of this role candidates must be able to pass a credit check and references must come back as acceptable with no dismissals, disciplinary or warnings over the last 3 years.
Due to the high volume of candidates responding to our adverts we are not always able to provide feedback on your application. If you don't hear from us within the next five days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, your details will be kept on file and you may be contacted about other opportunities.