Our Client Based in Luton have been a leading global technology provider since 1907. They now have a vacancy for an Application Engineer to join the team.
Summary of Role Purpose - To manage technical enquireis in accordance with decided priorities
Main Duties and Responsibilites
- To represent our Client and its products and services through frequent customer visits, customer presentations, seminars and exhibitions.
- To identify and analyse technical details of customer requirements and to communicate these clearly and accurately to both the Customer and the organisation.
- To apply analytical methods, interpret and verify results from application engineering software to create engineering proposals and customized solutions according to customer requirements and present to the customer in a clear and concise way.
- The Applicaiton Engineer will be responsible for customer technical relationships.
- As the Applicaiton Enginner you will work closely with the sales teams, contribute to opportunity generation and support the development of value added solutions.
- To act proactively in the team including development of business opportunities and transfer of knowledge, chair technical meetings, participate in projects and to provide support on the Helpdesk during illness or leave of member of staff.
- To develop training material and deliver internal and external training.
- To follow management instructions and procedures; to report Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) risks and EHS related incidents; to follow quality specifications and requirements, and identify quality risks and opportunities for improvement
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- A further educational qualification in a mechanical engineering discipline
- Have an understanding of mechanical engineering principles.
- Experience of working within an engineering job junction (design, application, service etc..)
- Ability to use engineering software and MSOffice applications
- Able to demonstrate good organisational skills and the ability to meet targets.
- Self-motivated & proactive, with the ability to work alone and as part of a high achieving technical team.
- Excellent communicator with a good telephone manner,
- Have a good understanding of general industrial equipment and how they operate/perform, motors, pumps, gearboxes etc.. is desireable
- Knowledge of Segments specific to allocated account base is desirable
- Basic commercial awareness is also desireable
- Good product knowledge, in particular rolling bearings, power transmission, sealing and lubrication of machinery systems is also desireable
The employee is required to meet business objectives according to the Clients code of conduct, contribute to Business Excellence and follow management instructions and procedures, report Environment Health and Safety (EHS) risks and incidents and follow quality specifications and requirements.