Head of Cost Planning - Residential Developer
A leading National Developer are currently seeking a Head of Cost Planning to lead their team in Central London, on a variety of residential lead schemes ranging from 20 units to regeneration schemes of 1500+ units.
Role and Responsibilities of Head of Cost Planning:
Working alongside the Land, Planning, Commercial and Technical team preparing cost plans for both land feasibility assessments and pre-planning application assessments. Post land acquisition to attend planning design team meetings to provide cost and technical advice to the design team. Liaise with operating company commercial teams to collate current cost data and provide benchmark comparisons for key trades.
Projects have included the likes of a:
- 530 residential units with retail and leisure - £180m.
- 39 residential units - £22m.
- 800 residential units with commercial and retail - £70m.
- Quantity Surveying related degree.
- MCIOB or MRICS, ideal but not essential.
- 10+ years estimating/cost planning on medium to large residential developments.
- Salary: £90,000 - 110,000+
- Package: Car allowance, Pension, Healthcare, share options and more.
If you are interested or would like any further information regarding the role, please contact Alex Smith on or at
If you are considering a career move but this position is not right for you, please give Alex a call to discuss other roles which could be more suitable. Alex specialises in Quantity Surveying recruitment across Developers, Consultancies and Main Contractors, welcoming any speculative applications, permanent or contract at all levels.