Senior Data Engineer - Python, Big Data, Hadoop, SQL
Senior Data Engineer - Python, Big Data, SQL, Hadoop
A global leader in interactive marketing services who connects clients with their customers through deep consumer insight that enables effective and profitable marketing initiatives and business decisions. Our client offer decades of experience in consumer data and analytics, information technology, data integration, and consulting solutions for effective marketing across web, email, mobile and off-line direct channels.
The role of Data Engineer works alongside the analytics team to help prototype new products, set up data pipelines and automate marketing analysis. The work is varied and project based and will require wide technical experience. You will need to gather requirements and contribute to the design of solutions as well as writing efficient and robust code. The role will be responsible for delivering end to end solutions, incorporating analytical logic, data pipeline and data visualisation. Innovation is a large component of this role and as an engineer you should be comfortable with discovering and testing new open source technologies as they appear. The role will involve working closely with data, infrastructure and analytical teams. You will be comfortable working in an agile manner, be able to problem solve independently and have a solid understanding of automated data solutions.
- Assist in the architecture of data pipelines and products
- Design and develop automated testing and evaluation of data feeds and processes
- Collaborate with the analytics team to design the analytical procedures
- Collaborate with operational & delivery teams to ensure correct data feeds are set up, automated and validated
- Produce documentation and set up DevOps infrastructure
Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience working as an Analytical Developer or Data Engineer
- Experience in designing solutions as well as implementation
- Experience of working on data or analytical projects.
- Hadoop / big data experience
- Linux/Unix Commands
- Knowledge of Relational Database Principles; Oracle or other DBMS
Previous experience of developing products for marketing and/or analytics with an interest or experience in data visualisation best practice, UI frameworks and data and machine learning is highly desirable.
The successful candidate will be in line for competitive remuneration and an excellent benefits package including free gym, 10% pension, health and dental insurance.