6 month FTC
Up to £40,000 pa pro rata.
Our client, a large financial services organisation are looking to recruit a Project Developer to work within a systems and projects team, to focus on projects involving the design, development and implementation of interactive self-service visualisations, dashboards, and reporting solutions, utilising a Data Lake and MicroStrategy.
This role is specifically focused on the development of dashboards and reporting for Cheque Imaging, and for the related Pathfinder project to migrate Accounting Controls to the lake.
- Delivery of reports and other solutions to meet customer needs
- Design and development of complex self-service purpose built solutions to meet customer needs
- Awareness and understanding of business impact of MI and criticality on operation for any related failures
- Embed MI into every day culture - understanding its use, value and purpose
- Support front-end dashboards to enable operations to utilise the MI for decision-making and analysis
- Creation of dashboards and reports for the business
- Ensure all developments are UAT tested and fully rolled out to stakeholders to enable maximum benefit
- Investigate, design and develop business intelligence, dashboard and automated reporting solutions
- Develop complex automated interactive reporting frameworks using business intelligence tools
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent planning, prioritisation and organisational skills
- An energetic, flexible and results orientated approach to work
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivating and able to work with minimal supervision
- Team player
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Very fast learner
- Takes complete ownership, seeing actions through to completion
- Has an excellent awareness of risk management and actively applies controls to operations
- A passion for data exploitation and an excellent awareness of data management principles
Further Skills and Experience Required:
- Very strong Excel, to macro level
- Excellent SQL skills across multiple database platforms (SQL Server, Oracle, Hadoop, DB2)
- Extensive experience in a similar role
- Database design and development experience including dimensional modelling
- Strong experience developing interactive dashboards and controls using data visualisation software and Hadoop data sources
- Knowledge of project management methodologies including Agile
- Knowledge of Hadoop Ecosystem - Cloudera (HUE, Impala, HIVE)
- Knowledge of business intelligence software (e.g. MicroStrategy, Tableau, QlikView)
If you or someone you know are suitable for this role, apply confidentially today.
Please note, due to the nature of this role candidates must be able to pass a credit check and references must come back as acceptable with no dismissals, disciplinary or warnings over the last 3 years.
Due to the high volume of candidates responding to our adverts we are not always able to provide feedback on your application. If you don't hear from us within the next five days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, your details will be kept on file and you may be contacted about other opportunities.