An SME manufacturing business need a Procurement Analyst. Applicants need excellent IT skills (Visual Basics, Excel, Business Systems), the ability to manage suppliers, build relationships, monitor stock levels and procurement related commercial acumen.
The Procurement Analyst will work closely with the Commercial Manager and will be responsible for improving the company use of business systems, data, procurement and managing supplier relationships. The initial focus will be on analysing the use of business systems (suggest improvements, re-programming etc.), building relationships with suppliers and tactical procurement. In time the position will evolve to incorporate more strategic procurement and broader commercial activities. This role is an excellent opportunity for job seekers from an IT or Systems background, to develop a career within a procurement, supply chain and broad commercial environment.
Specific duties of the Procurement Analyst include:
1.Tactical procurement (raising orders) for manufacturing consumables
2. Strategic procurement (negotiation) of engineered components from BOMs and Technical Drawings
3. Capture, Analysis and Presentation of supplier performance data
4. Supplier selection, negotiation, liaison and management
5. Maintain and improve business use of stock & purchasing systems
6. New business activity - pricing, quoting, estimating, customer engagement
Procurement Analyst applicants should meet the following criteria:
1. An aptitude for commercial, business, purchasing, procurement or supply chain activities
2. Excellent IT (Visual Basics & Excel) and business system ( JD Edwards, SAP, Sage etc) skills
3. The ability to build relationships with suppliers and customers
4. The capability to negotiate with and influence suppliers and customers
5. An intuitive, interested and analytical mind