Sales Executive - Media Advertising
£16500 rising to £17000 after probationary period £21800 OTE, uncapped commission
Job Purpose Statement
Johnston Press is a leading multimedia and publishing company with over 200 newspaper titles, their mission is to serve local communities by meeting their needs for local news, information and advertising services through a range of media including print and digital channels.
This opportunity is to join working as a Tele Sales Executive part of a national team taking our Digital Kitbag product portfolio, including Websites, Facebook advertising & Google products to market UK wide.
Working smartly, with high activity levels and in a busy sales environment. You'll be a natural hunter, whilst having the skills to manage long term relationships. You'll be able to generate your own leads through your tele-based activity and are comfortable presenting at all levels.
This role has high visibility in a company with over 5,500 employees and your hard work and determination to succeed in a target-driven, KPI led environment will give you opportunities to develop your career with us.
Selling to a mix of existing, lapsed and new businesses, the role is perfect for driven, highly motivated self starters with a fast paced, outbound skill set.
Successful candidates will need to be ready to face challenging targets, to meet and exceed productivity expectations and to test themselves in a competitive UK - wide footprint.
They will also need to be innovative and open to new ideas and new product lines in an ever changing environment.
As well as having a good understanding of the digital landscape, demonstrating strengths in outbound / cold calling is vital.
* Sales skills and commercial acumen
* A hunger to reach and exceed targets
* Excellent presentation skills
* Confident negotiator
* Time management
*Attention to detail
*Sound IT skills
Principle Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Drive telephone based sales of Digital Kitbag advertising to SMBs
- Be proactive in self-generated lead sourcing
- Meet and exceed set revenue and sales targets
- Achieve minimum productivity standards
- To ensure accurate records and pipelines are kept and maintained using Salesforce.com
- Achieve set standards of high quality on calls
- Work closely with your local publishing unit and create solid working relationships
- Provide regular feedback to other areas of the business, pertinent to the overall success of the business