Teleassessment Health Professional
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced nurse/practitioner to work with the Royal Navy to review Medical Questionnaires and undertake telephone based assessments.
Qualifications and Skills:
We would be happy to receive CV's from any of the following:
- Operation Department Practioners
- Associate Practioners
- Physician associates
The role requires an individual who is able to work autonomously and also as a key team member. You will need a calm, efficient and professional disposition as you will need to:
- Understand the medical standards that candidates are assessed against to support key decision making.
- Be professional in questioning candidates to ensure that candidates are kept at ease during the process and leave the call maintaining the positive reputation of HM Armed Forces.
- Provide accurate data from medical questioning that will permit accurate judgments of fitness of candidates, including where further medical evidence will be required for the candidates medical examination.
- To leave a full audit trail of the decision making process using the WARP system.
- To undertake the calls in an efficient manner.
Accountabilities and Main Responsibilities:
- To undertake telephone based assessment based on a set of branching questions aimed at highlighting candidates at the first stage of the medical screening process that are ineligible to join the Royal Navy.
- Referring cases to Capita Doctors, where required for additional clinical judgement is required, and in some circumstances refer on to the Royal Navy medical team.
- To review further medical evidence received following the initial request to ensure it is fit for purpose.
- To ensure that conversations are documented in an appropriate format on the electronic questionnaire.
- Review further medical evidence following pre-service medical making a decision on suitability for service in accordance with current guidelines.
- Clinical governance commensurate with the position.
- Assist in dealing safely and effectively with difficult or distressed candidates.
Other requirements include:
- NMC registered
- Experience in Health Screening
- Excellent inter personal and communication skills
- Specific experience of audiometry, spirometry, vision screening and biometric assessment with a basic comprehension of results
- Calm professional disposition
- Full understanding of medical equipment and associated consumables used in testing and good practice in use, storage and maintenance of such equipment
- IT skills - E mail, excel, Word.
For more information or for a confidential chat please get in touch.
Capita Social Care Resourcing is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.