Node.js Developer - Internet of things
Job Title: Node.js Developer - Internet of things
Sector: Smart Home Technology
Location: Birmingham West Midlands
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000
This is an incredibly rare opportunity to join an exciting business based in Birmingham who design and produce highly innovative consumer products related to the Internet-of-things.
You will join a small tightly integrated, fast growing team of dedicated software, firmware and hardware engineers. Working on IoT services and products, they are passionate about the future of things and people and the intersection of the two. They strive to make the users experience the best that it can be, and then they iterate on that to make it even better.
The company offers core hours with flexible starts and finishes outside of these and will also consider some working from home.
We are looking for a Node.js Developer who will be responsible for developing and refactoring (somewhat RESTful) APIs, which are consumed by both in-house clients and third parties. You will also be building service apps that consume other APIs of various sorts, including GraphQL. They are making increasing use of websockets and have an API that they're working on that uses this as a transport layer which you will also be working on.
They use various database engines and there will be an element of database design to the role, this will generally be in collaboration with a senior member of the team.
- Writing tests and implementing testing automation, leading to championing test driven development within the wider team
- Re-designing and re-factoring systems after creating sufficient test coverage
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection.
Key Experience Required
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks and libraries available for it such as Express, Mongoosejs and Bluebird
- A good understanding of the nature of asynchronous programming
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- An understanding of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments (specifically OAuth)
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
- An understanding of server-side templating languages, specifically Jade/Pug
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Knowledge of the use cases for document stores vs relational databases
- Docker / containers would be useful
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us