Affecto Recruitment are proud to partner with The Floow, a world-renowned telematics company based in Sheffield. Following a period of rapid growth and success they are looking to double its technical workforce over the coming months and as such Affecto are keen to speak to Data Scientists who share The Floow's enthusiasm for technology.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At The Floow, we see something special where others see mobile phones. We see tools with the power to tell us so much more about ourselves than we could ever hope to know otherwise. Tools equipped with a wide array of rich sensors such as Accelerometers, GPS and Gyroscopes. And we value the talents of those whose calling it is to unlock their deepest mysteries.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
As a Data Scientist with The Floow you will be responsible for the on-going development and improvement of the analytical services which currently support hundreds of thousands of users and devices, as well as the design and creation of new and exciting features, analytics and management information to be provided to our clients and end-users. You will also be creating additional services that can be generated from existing data and working with various research organisations.
- You're an authority on Big Data and statistical analytical techniques using suitable coding in R, Java and Python.
- You are passionate about delivering innovative solutions to get the most out of the available data and have a sound understanding of quantitative approaches for large scale data manipulation and analytics.
- You're at home working as part of a diverse but tightly knit system of teams, instantly understanding and compromising with all stakeholders- technical and non-technical, internal and external. Communicating clearly and effectively.
- Proven track record of ability to quickly adapt to and exploit new and cutting edge technology / techniques
- Degree or above qualification in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related subject.
- Broad knowledge of programming, and scripting (especially in R / Java / Python)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior experience of developing and delivering commercially viable 'big-data' analytic solutions
- Experience with working in connection with collaborative projects/dynamic teams
- Experience with using Data Mining algorithms and statistical tools such as R.
- Experience with Version Control (Git)
- Strong Past experience on Research projects and deliverables
- Past experience on collaborative projects with divers teams
- Knowledge of Motor Insurance
- Experience of client interaction (financial sector)
- Proven track record of involvement in complex applications
- Experience with UNIX / LINUX command line and other programming languages (e.g. C++)
- Experience in presenting and visualising the output of big data analytics
- You'll have an opportunity to take a key role in a fast-growing Data Science team, shaping the final form of a rapidly evolving technology gaining relevance at an accelerated pace
- You'll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you bring to evolve an existing software infrastructure and take it to the next level
- You'll be able to work closely with key players in the growing field of UBI (Usage Based Insurance), as well as other clients in the automotive and other industries
- The position advertised is a permanent role, with remuneration based upon experience
- We offer both Bonus and Pension schemes for all employees as well as 21 days' holiday
- You'll be working in our Sheffield City Centre location which has good public transport links and car parking.
- You'll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and relaxed environment.
Please note that all direct and third party applications will be directed to Affecto Recruitment for review.
Affecto Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Agency in this instance and is an equal opportunities employer.