Senior Network Security Consultant
Our client is a progressive security and management consultancy who are looking to recruit a Network Security Professional to work within their Security Operations and IT Support function to manage the growing estate of clients security infrastructures and review deployment to find areas of improvement.
The role includes:- management, monitoring and configuration of firewalls, intrusion systems and security alerting systems, server and infrastructure support and occasional end user support requirements.
The ideal candidate will be capable of performing:
- advanced security analysis
- network and systems security assessments
- security product evaluations; securing information systems
- developing security
- certification and accreditation documentation certification testing
Additionally they must be able to operate independently, perform some project management duties, and mentor other development team members.
To be a successful contributor to their team you must have;
- Worked as part of a network security & network support team delivering directly to end user clients
- Gained practical, hands on experience of Fortinet, Sonicwall, Checkpoint or Juniper series of firewall solutions.
- Proficiency in the operational management of security solutions, reviewing existing client security architectures and the documentation of security standards and firewall risk assessment.
The skills & knowledge to be considered:
- Practical experience of managing multi vendor firewall implementations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience and minimum 3 years experience focusing on security and compliance.
- Expertise in security related Internet protocols such as IPSec, SSL/TLS and familiarity with common Internet protocols such as IP, TCP, UDP, RTP, DNS, HTTP, SIP
- Experience in technologies such as encryption, firewalls, intrusion prevention, authentication and authorization.
- Experience with security aspects of Cloud-Based SaaS products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
In an ideal world if would be great if you had:
- Knowledge and experience of server infrastructure
- Knowledge and experience of ISO/IEC 27001, PCI DSS & DPA standards CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional),
- ISC2 Practical experience of SIEM and log correlation systems
- Experience of penetration testing and other security controls.
They offer a fantastic working environment and a salary up to £55K
If you feel that you have the relevant experience and would like to know more, then please apply now to Steve James, Goldstone Laine.