Business Analyst - Retail - Permanent - Swindon
My client, one of the UK's most successful and established retailers, are looking for a Business Analyst to join their Business Systems team based in Swindon. Reporting to the Senior Business Analyst the main purpose of the role is to assist in the design of solutions and systems architecture as well as the implementation of their off the shelf applications.
- Assist IT Project Managers/Head of Department to maintain the development plan by understanding the requirement and the resources required to deliver projects.
- Assisting IT Project Managers/Head of Department in making recommendations for most appropriate IT business solution
- Understand current business processes and their dependency upon IT systems
- Understand new business requirements at a system, functional and process level
- Build and maintain key relationships with the business units
- Conduct analysis & design of new requirements & design business system solutions
- Supporting IT Project Managers/Head of Department with any written communication required with project documentation
- Manage delivery of small scale change requests
- Be responsible for the integration of our merchandising, supply chain and Back End solutions including the design of integration processes.
- Build upon and maintain the relationship with the 3rd party delivery teams employed to support the projects, ensuring that the delivery is reflective of requirements
Requirements for the role
- Ideally previous experience working in a Retail/FMCG/Supply Chain/Manufacturing background or environment
- Design and Build Principle experience
- Experience of systems/solutions integration and 3rd party software/solutions integration.
- Experience in Datamodelling & Process design
- Experience in Technical Systems integration and behaviour
- The ability to translate non functional requirements
- An appreciation or background within software development, namely the .NET Framework
- Microsoft SQL Server, IIS experience
- Experience with Web API's/WebServices ETL & Integration
- Clear & Concise Written and Oral communication skills