IT Help Desk Engineer
Castle Employment are looking for an IT Help Desk Engineer for a prestigious, well established business based in the Scarborough. The successful candidate will be a first point of contact for users, and will provide solutions to a diverse range of IT issues. The IT Help Desk Engineer will be responsible for logging incidents right through to resolution, but there will be occasions where calls are escalated to more senior technicians.
The Key Responsibilities for the role are:
- Provide technical support to users with a wide variety of IT issues
- Logging and updating all key information regarding the support call.
- Fully resolving the support call in a quick and efficient manner.
- To escalate calls where necessary to 2nd / 3rd line support.
- To show desire to continually improve technical knowledge.
The client is looking for the following technical knowledge/experience:
- Microsoft Office 365
- Windows Server and MS Desktop OS
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot IT issues
- Knowledge on how to configure VLANS, Firewalls, Routers and Switches
- The following skills/experience would be advantageous but not essential- Cisqo, IP telephony, MAC, VMWare, Hyper-V, Sharepoint.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a similar role
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check
- The salary for the position is £18,000-£25,000, dependant upon experience
- The hours of work are 9.00am-5.30pm, Monday-Friday
- The role is located in Scarborough, so is easily commutable from Malton, York, Driffield, Beverley, Hull and Bridlington.
For more information please call Sam Colling on or email