Software Development Manager £60,000 - £70,000 dependant on experience + package with flexible working
Located in the highly prestigious St Peter's Square development in the city centre, Distrelec are establishing their new Enterprise Hub and hiring for a Development Manager.
The Enterprise Hub will be the European home of the IT and Digital function for Distrelec, providing state of the art e-commerce solutions.
Distrelec, part of the Datwyler group, is a leading online distributor for electronics, automation, measurement technology, IT and accessories in Europe and the exciting new Enterprise Hub in Manchester will be its first operational presence in the UK.
This is an exciting time to be joining their business. Are you up for the challenge?
- You will be will be leading a team of 9 developers so leadership & planning skills is the priority vs development.
- You will be responsible for managing all eCommerce development, including both new implementation and ongoing support of existing eCommerce systems & applications.
- You will be responsible for the quality and technical approach taken by team members, ensuring it is in-line with the company strategy and that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- You will lead and manage a team of senior software developers, software developers, front end engineers and dev ops engineers.
- You will drive the strategic direction of our development taking into account emerging and legacy technologies.
- Manage the various aspects of the on-going activities of the e-Commerce development team.
- Responsible for all aspects of the on-going activities of the e-Commerce development team, including both new implementation and ongoing support of existing e-Commerce systems & applications.
- Responsible for the smooth delivery of all projects, enhancements and support delivered by the team.
- Be aware of latest data protection and security threats and to make sure we mitigate against these risks against known industry standards.
Skills & experience:
- Strong understanding of enterprise eCommerce systems
- Experience of delivery to an agile methodology in an integrated application environment
- Experience of leading a team of developers to deliver projects with stretching scope and objectives
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery
- Experience of working with third parties and remote technical delivery resources
- Knowledge of how online businesses operate e.g. customer acquisition, retention, order processing, logistical fulfilment, technical delivery
- Knowledge of Hybris / SAP an advantage
- Good knowledge of MS Project
Benefits: In addition to the supportive and collaborative work environment, you can expect:
- Excellent flex benefits package together with a bonus for every member of staff + pension
- Flexible working around core hours
- 25 days holiday with option to purchase/sell additional days
- Grade A offices with great transport access
- Opportunity to influence the way we work
By joining the Datwyler family, you will not only enjoy the security, opportunities and benefits that come with the security of a global organisation, but also experience the excitement that a start-up business has to offer. Distrelec is looking for people who are solution seekers, ready to roll up their sleeves and who are motivated to get things done.
Distrelec aspires to be the most dominant distributor in the electro component market by serving its customers through understanding their challenges and seeking solutions to meet their needs. Distrelec's leadership believe that drive and passion are key to success.
They are a customer focused company with big ambitions and an exciting journey ahead. At Distrelec, you're empowered to make your mark. With that, comes unlimited possibilities.
This is an experience that only a few will ever get. For more information visit:
For more information on the vacancy, or for a confidential discussion about what you are looking for, please contact Hays Information Technology on .