If you are an Estimator with experience working within the Architectural Metal industry, please read on!
Located in Bishop's Stortford on the Herts and Essex border, our established, respected Client is looking for an Estimator to join their team to work on estimating on Metalwork for commercial buildings with emphasis on architectural sheet metal.
The successful candidate will be actively reviewing RFP's and estimating numerous projects and you must be able to successfully identify and prioritise all tasks for multiple projects.
The Estimator must have a proven track record of estimating within the architectural metalwork, fabrication and steelworks industry and have a good knowledge of estimating the manufacturing and installation/erection of steelworks and architectural type metalwork's projects.
- Responsible for producing priced tenders that are accurate, detailed, and competitive that are returned within deadlines set.
- Generate accurate, detailed tenders from client's drawings, specifications and site visits.
- Assist others in selection of materials and sub-contractors when required to do so and propose alternative materials or methods.
- Take responsibility for ensuring tender is delivered to the appropriate place on time
- Reviewing supplied tender documentation including drawings, details and specifications.
- Constructing a logical and consistent price/offer using spreadsheet models.
- Production of consistent, error-free quotations to customers and assisting with any amendments in line with discussions within the sales team or direct contact with our customers
Skills and Experience:
- Significant experience in the architectural metal work industry in the capacity of Estimator.
- Knowledge of steel manufacturing, installation/building, material components, building regulations, estimating and H&S.
- Word, Excel and Outlook and computer skills for record keeping/data entry and report writing.
- Highly effective interpersonal communication and negotiation skills.
- Must be literate in Architectural and Engineering drawings.
- The capability of pricing to the requirements by understanding relevant drawings supplied architectural specification and design & build information.
- The capability of formulating quotations for architectural metal work, small structural support steel work, staircases, walkways and balustrade both in mild steel and stainless steel.
- Excellent attention to detail, good numerical skills and the ability to work to deadlines is essential.
- Knowledge of contractual procedures and responsibilities.
- Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail.
Salary Guide: £30,000 - £38,000pa
Working hours: Monday - Friday - 8.00am - 5.00pm
Location: Bishop's Stortford
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.