Job Title Mechanical Fitter
Salary £35-40 (dependant on experience)
At Ace Recruitment we specialise in the Waste Management and Recycling Sector. We offer bespoke waste management recruitment solutions and provide an excellent service for our candidates. Ace Recruitment offers a range of Waste management jobs and positions all the way up to Director Level, not only for permanent positions but for temporary waste management and contract jobs too
A successful Waste Management & Recycling Company, looking to recruit a HGV Mechanical Fitter to oversee the maintenance of the fleet and Waste Collection vehicles.
The role requires a hand-on approach to keeping the fleet up and running to an optimum level. We have a busy transport department operating a commercial service so you must be used to working to tight deadlines.
In the event of a vehicle breaking down, the Fitter will be required to attend the site to assess and fix the problem.
Other Responsibilities include –
- Planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and Breakdown repair.
- Keeping vehicles fully compliant with DVSA standards regarding pre-MOT inspections(PMI)
- Carry out MOT inspections and present for testing
- Keeping workshop tidy and up to safety standards.
The ideal candidate will be a mechanical maintenance engineer or mechanical fitter from a manufacturing background. Candidates that have worked on HGV's will be considered.
Experience and Qualifications
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in mechanical fitting within a Waste/Recycling Environment
- Electrical maintenance experience within a Waste/Recycling Environment
- Experience with Dustcarts and Waste Collection Vehicles like Roll On/Off’s, Skip Lorries and Tail-Lifts.
- Basic fabrication - desirable but not essential.
- Engineering Qualification
To be considered for the role you must have an HGV licence AND Mechanical Fitting experience.
Candidates without the mentioned experience will not be considered for this position. Please read the specification carefully to avoid disappointment.
By applying for this position, the job seeker, authorise Ace Recruitment to represent you to clients and seek work on your behalf
Due to a high volume of applications we can only make contact with successful applicants.