The role will focus initially on building and scoping a platform for big data analytics, before helping to embed that platform into our existing BI Suite. You will be a pivotal part of driving and defining this initiative and key strategical area for the team.
The ideal person will be comfortable working with a large variety of tools such as: R, Python, Spark, SQL, Hadoop, HDFS, Hive and have an experience in using Machine Learning or Deep Learning with large datasets. You will not be afraid to get your hands dirty with unstructured data and utilising existing platforms within the business mainly Hortonworks/Azure. You must have a solid knowledge of statistical techniques, and the ability to come up with solutions to business problems using pattern detection over potentially large datasets.
- Attend specification meetings with users and stakeholders. Understand the business logic behind the requirement.
- Design, maintain and build solutions using tools available to you and make proposals for new tools, solutions and technology which would benefit the company.
- Become the key contact for the teams 'Big Data' initiatives and work closely with the Analytics team to assist in shared deliverables.
- Help to define a strategic future of the BI team.
- Strong programming skills
- R, Python and SQL
- Any visualisation tool would be beneficial (ideally QlikView).
- Solid knowledge of statistical techniques
- Strong experience working hand-on with big data systems.
- Experience in a business facing role.
This is an excellent position for someone who is looking to play a pivotal part of driving and defining a new initiative. You will be the key point of contact for all Big Data initiatives and that will give you a huge amount of responsibility. This is a 6 months FTC with a chance of extension.