Data Scientist - £30k - £45k - Portsmouth.
THIS IS A DATA SCIENTIST ROLE, WITHIN THE DATA INDUSTRY.
Exciting and established Software House is looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join their team.
As a Data Scientist you will be joining a knowledgeable Open Source team who have a passion for using Open Source tools and languages. Working within the team you will face complex and interesting Data problems. You will be joining a friendly, passionate and structured team who are well versed in sharing knowledge.
* Develop data analysis tools and integrate developments into the companies infrastructure.
* Produce user friendly website presentations of analysis results.
* Develop and manage a suite of statistical reports in the form of dashboards, interactive reports and static PDF files in an attractive and innovative manner.
* Prototype, develop and implement machine learning algorithms.
* Liaise with customers for ad-hoc data analysis and development of predictive models using variety of data sources
* Develop statistical visualisation front-end for presentation of statistical analysis results.
* Liaise with the software development team to integrate statistical entry points into the web application (using AJAX requests to interface with the Django application).
* Apply agile software development and test driven development (TDD) methods and techniques to software development activities.
* Development of tools to analyse large datasets using concepts such as map reduce.
* Design systems to discover trends and patterns which will help customers make decisions.
* Actively contribute to taking data science to the next level.
To be successful for the Data Science role, you need the following Skills / Experience:
* Advanced understanding of statistics and ability to communicate statistical concepts to those with little experience.
* Machine learning knowledge.
* Competent Python programmer.
* Good understanding of database structures and to create SQL queries.
* The ability to transform database content.
* Ability to analyse, model and interpret data.
Any experience in Pandas / numpy / scipy would be of interest, but NOT essential.
Data Scientist - Portsmouth - £30k - £45k + benefits
As a Data Scientist, you will be gaining experience in Business Intelligence (BI) and Big Data. You will be joining a software house that has been established for 15+ years. Their software is used world wide and focuses on Data Analyse and Data Transfer.
SPONSORSHIP can be provided for the right candidate.
Don't miss this great opportunity! Contact Sally Hall on or click the "Apply Now" button.