2nd / 3rd Line IT Support Engineer
- 3 or more years in a support role.
- Office 365 migration, setup and management.
- Windows 2003/2008/2012 Server Operating Systems
- Windows Active Directory (as far back as 2003) including Group Policy
- Administration of Office 365/Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2013
- Networking, including router setup, VLANs, managed switches, firewalls and VPN
- SQL Server
- Virtualisation (VMWare, Hyper-V)
- Backup technologies (Cloud, Tape, Disk, RDX)
- Cyber Security (Fortinet, Juniper, Antivirus/Antispam)
- Cloud Services (SharePoint)
- Windows 10 & Office Applications
- Phone systems (3CX, Avaya)
- Apple, Blackberry and Android Technologies
- Anti-virus and Anti-spam solutions
- A full driving licence valid for driving in the UK.
MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional)
Qualification or knowledge of ITIL
Your background should include:
Ability to fault find, diagnose and provide a solution.
Experience of supporting systems with 10-150 users, ideally in a managed services environment
An understanding of client support and practical experience of Case/Incident Management applications.
Understand the SLA's and time recording.
Ability to communicate technical solutions to end users and non-IT specialists.
Prepare, implement and deploy new hardware and software applications.
Experience of building and deploying Windows servers.
Manage prioritisation and the timely resolution of support cases/incidents.
Ensure all configuration and client data are recorded and up to date.
Attend client sites as an individual or as part of a team to carry out projects or scheduled visits.
Excellent communication using verbal, written and EQ.
Logical thinker with good common sense, attention to detail and the ability to listen.
Have all-round, commercial experience, a good educational background, be responsible and conscientious.
Excellent time management and the ability to prioritise your workload.
A positive outlook and a thirst for knowledge, motivated to achieve for yourself and the Company.
Wilde Associates are working in the capacity of an Employment Agency for this vacancy.