Strategic Account Manager
Strategic Account Manager
Location: London & (Home Based)
We are currently working with a large, well-known and established vocational training provider for an opportunity as a Strategic Account Manager. This position is for a driven professional who is focused on developing and building revenue from existing accounts, this role is an account management position rather than New Business Development.
As the Strategic Account Manager, you are critical to generating and contributing to the profit we make as a business, achieving sales targets to increase & defend our market share as the market leader in educational services enabling us to reinvest in skills, people and programmes.
About the role
- This is a home-based permanent role within the business unit group and generates a revenue of £100m annually.
- This role has a wide scope, covering the London and South East region of the UK with travel.
- As the Lead Strategic Account Manager, you'll be at the cutting edge of the resurgence of Apprenticeships and your substantial remit covers a range of services, including; qualifications, assessment services and accreditation.
- In this role, you will be responsible for the delivery of national sales strategies to deliver core and innovative products and services to our customers who include employer brands, colleges and Training providers.
- Your remit includes reporting and analysis of trends and insights to drive business decisions and continuous improvement.
- Developing and sustaining strong partnerships and joint working with colleagues across the business to bring the right expertise to the customer.
- As the Strategic Account Manager, you will build strong and mutually beneficial relationships with MDs/CEOs & Principals to understand vision, challenges and thought leadership around innovation; to understand and interpret national and local skills policies. Success would like; leading alongside other business teams, the roadmap and contact strategy to become the global benchmark in workplace skills and professional development.
- Managing and developing strategic customer relationships with relentless focus on new business development opportunities to gain market share.
- About You To perform this role effectively, you will need technical expertise in a range of the following areas:
- Experience of delivering sales targets whilst managing and controlling costs
- Outstanding business development & account management skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrable ability to build customer relationships at the highest level and have gravitas.
- Written proposal and presenting skill set
- Willing to travel extensively around the UK
- Financial acumen and income forecasting skill set
- Responsible and accountable for meeting deadlines