The position of Network Administrator is to manage, be accountable and responsible to
provide day to day support services to clients covering Network Services whilst
representing the company remembering at all times high standard of customer service.
You need to apply new techniques for addressing client systems performance and delivering
services as per Company’s guidelines and requirements. You will help deliver excellent
customer care in exceeding expectations and professionalism.
You need to perform the following:
a) Implement methodologies to improve call resolution, manage customer perceptions
and build strong internal relationships.
b) Deliver a customer care philosophy that ensures customer satisfaction.
Incident Management, Problem Management, Service Level Management and
- Monitor, track and resolve all calls assigned to you ensuring that all calls are rectified
- in accordance with agreed Service Level Agreements and where necessary escalate
- according to escalation procedures.
- Identify and escalate known errors and problems to the correct technical team.
KEY RESPONSIBILTIES & DUITES
- Provide remote & onsite support functions for Networks including switches, routers,
- Cisco / Sonicwall / Palo Alto firewalls.
- Maintain networks.
- Monitor client networks to ensure network availability to all system users and perform
- Necessary maintenance to support network availability.
- To supervise, plan, co-ordinate and implement network security measures.
- To manage performance tuning and capacity planning to enhance performance of
- network resources.
- Perform routine disaster recovery methods..
- Analyse Maintenance Reports, Alerts, data and recommend appropriate measures.
- Assists in maintaining operating system and security profiles utilised on networks.
- Provides Escalation support.
- Analyse problems (both technical and operational) and arrive at workable solutions.
- Be part of Client projects.
- Identify operating systems, network and hardware malfunctions and takes
- appropriate action to resolve issues.
Performance, Competencies & Criteria
Performance criteria shall include achievement of tasks, annual objectives, and the
completion of special assignments including:
- Building Rapport
- Client systems awareness
- Interpersonal relations
- Listening skills
- Organising and planning ability
- Personal work ethic
- Analytical Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Oral Communication
- Team Skills
- Technical Knowledge/Proficiency
- Tolerance of Stress
- Written Skills
- Maintain confidentiality of information
KEY RESPONSIBILTIES & DUITES
- Generates enthusiasm among team members.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to serve in leadership roles.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
- Manages the process of innovative change.
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
- Client Management
- Communicates effectively with users/clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative
- business solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase client satisfaction and deepen client
- Manages client expectations effectively.
- When required work extended hours to complete tasks.
- Mentors those with less experience through informal channels.
- Train colleagues through both formal and informal training programs.
- Internal Operations
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Leads internal teams/task forces.
- Manage IT related incidents and service requests throughout their lifecycle within the
- agreed SLA’s, and to provide clients with regular updates and agree call resolution
- before closure.
- When required, answer helpdesk calls professionally and with enthusiasm.
- Report to Senior Managers on any issue that could significantly impact the business.
- Take overall responsibility of incident management and requests.
- Acting as an escalation point where difficult or controversial calls are received.
- Liaising with Sales Dept.
- Liaising with onsite teams.
- Assisting Help Desk Agents in providing support when workloads are high or where
- additional experience is required.
- Assist in early identifying client systems faults and ensure proactive fixes.
- Follow department processes, procedures and policies with special attention to
- To take responsibility for achieving good, consistent first time fix rates.
- Best quality communications with clients and internal teams.