Our client is a Network provider offering a range of communication solutions.
Role & Key Responsibilities:
- The Network Engineer with be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of core and access networks.
- Configure devices including security, network etc.
- Install and maintain network activity on key client’s sites.
- Provide support to the 2nd and 3rd line to ensure operational processes are followed and owning escalations to provide a good customer experience.
- Engage with suppliers and vendors, provide presales support and work cross functionally with product teams.
- Maintain and develop support tools, deal with change requests and performance management.
- Follow company best practice procedures including design guides and documentation.
- Train team members whilst working closely with Senior Engineers for personal development.
- Join the on-call rota and participate in out of hours planned work.
Skills & Experience:
- 5-10 years’ Network experience working hands on.
- Experience of working in a telecoms environment.
- Strong Cisco knowledge, minimum CCNP certified.
- Good working knowledge of traffic engineering solutions.
- Experience of routing and switching, security and voice platforms.
- In-System Programming Application knowledge.
- Experience of using optics, fibre and telco access.
- Understanding of Microsoft and MacOS Support.
- Commercially minded.
- Accountability and ownership of work load.
- Experience of working on large complex projects.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- East Midlands