Governance and Policy Manager - FCA
The purpose of this role is to champion a strong and clear governance and policy framework across the business. The role will also promote awareness of planning upstream regulatory change as well as co-ordinating FCA reporting and controlled functions across the group.
Judicial Services Group with UK wide remit.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
The development and management of the governance, regulatory and policy framework for the Group, including:
- Creating effective relationships with senior managers and supporting them with the group governance and policy framework
- Managing the Group Policy framework incorporating regulatory, legislative and other business requirements taking into account the ethical values of the business
- Embedding the Governance and Policy Frameworks throughout the business by engaging successfully with staff of all levels, creating and delivery training and ensuring a high level of awareness and consistent use of policy and process is adhered to throughout the organisation
- Channel communications with regulators such as the ICO and FCA, supporting senior managers with their responsibilities to associate bodies and interested parties and reporting on the same
- Building a strong partnership with the Group Risk Manager in order to manage regulatory controlled/senior management functions, delivering training, induction and ongoing fitness and propriety, generating regular reports, implement a dynamic quarterly reporting plan, provide feedback to the senior managers/Executive, control of internal publication of policies and processes
- Project Management (e.g. Compliance system management, GDPR, SMCR, thematic reviews, acquisition/integration, investigations, change management) as directed by the Director of Compliance
- Develop positive working relationships with senior managers in the first line and other Governance, Risk and Compliance team members to focus on goals and overall objectives.
- To understand the business strategy and operational priorities and comfortably discuss policy identification and process strategies.
- Up to date knowledge of the regulatory and legislative changes affecting the business and stakeholders, horizon scanning and implementation of changes as required.
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills
- Team player and self-starter, able to work on own initiative
- Confident in dealing with senior managers, stakeholders, team members, external service providers. regulators & related matters arising
- Excellent communication skills, written, oral and presentation. Engaging, people oriented and system driven
- IT literate - proficiency with Microsoft, Word, Excel (intermediate/advanced for reporting), Outlook and Sharepoint
- Data Protection legislation and relevant codes of conduct / practice. Confident of delivery of training (internal)
- Presenting and reporting facts (verbal, written)
- Ability to excel under pressure and when working to frequent tight deadlines
- Good attention to detail and ability to interpret data
- Knowledge of the financial services/service industry business, relevant standards and regulatory footprint
- Experience of using databases and generating reports
- Knowledge of the civil enforcement process or other related industries (ideal)
- UK travel will be required from time to time sometimes including overnight stays