Client Services Engineer - Must use Python
Client Services Engineer
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 + Equity
We are an artificial intelligence and data science start-up based in the heart of London and operational in New York City. Due to rapid growth, we are looking to hire 5 Client Services Engineers who enjoys having an impact and solving technical problems as much as working directly with people. Sounds like you? Please read on:
We are an energetic team of 30+ people solving complex problems in automation, analytics, and search for large-scale enterprises.
As a company, we value empathy, ethical conduct and diversity - we believe that these attributes make us a stronger, happier and more creative business. Our current team includes representatives from four continents, multiple faiths, the LGBT community and a balanced number of men and women.
We are rapidly expanding our capabilities and are looking for brilliant, energetic and motivated people to join us in shaping the future of artificial intelligence. Our ideal person needs to be passionate about working for our business and be suited to our unique company culture that values dedication, mutual-support, intellectual curiosity and good humour. We strive to be a company were everyone can develop to the best of their abilities by doing intellectually stimulating work whilst enjoying a good work life balance.
You'll apply your technical skills and expertise to deliver immediate value on live client engagements. Working closely with teams across the business, your projects will vary in length, size and location, depending on the challenge. Given the nature of our business, projects will involve transforming some of the world's leading investment banks, law firms and professional services firms using AI - this means you'll have to think on your feet, learn fast, and balance an understanding of the customer’s stack and project requirements with long-term business objectives.
What you'll do day-to-day:
• Triage and solve frontline engineering problems and incoming requests, whilst working with our project managers, commercial leads and data scientists to move the needle on our commercial objectives
• Gather and analyze information, evaluate impacts, resolve or escalate issues as needed
• Manage client and internal expectations around resolutions and timelines
• Work on special projects to help improve processes, documentation, and overall client experience
• Act as a client-facing subject matter expert
• Document your solutions so that others can benefit from and build on them
• Bring your expertise of client-needs to drive future development, engineering and design of core products
What you'll bring to the table:
• A strong coding background with 1+ ship cycles delivering software in Python, as demonstrated by an online portfolio / git repository / set of links in your cover letter
• A demonstrable interest in DevOps, CI and CD - and an ability to speak to these points
• Empathy, a commercial mindset and strong presentation skills
Good to have:
• An interest in machine learning and/or data science
• Relentlessly curious and a life-long learner, with a passion for self-development
• A team player. You take ownership of your work, think long-term and act on behalf of the business, not just your immediate peers. You are happy to pitch in.
• Both kind and courageous. You believe that trust is earned by listening attentively, speaking candidly, and treating others respectfully. You take time to understand the whole picture, and have the courage to challenge decisions, even when this is difficult
• Always looking to improve (yourself, the company, our process, our products) and create lasting value for our clients.
Please note - we ask all successful candidates to complete a coding test (which is then reviewed and discussed as part your first interview with us)
*All successful candidates will be contacted within 48 hours.