Technical Engineer (Tier2)
We are currently seeking an experienced Technical Engineer (Tier2) to join our technical team in Fleet to ensure the growth and development of our Technical Consultancy Services.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Translate customer needs into solutions that will meet their requirements.
- Participate in Technical Design Workshops for smaller projects providing the confidence to others of your own knowledge.
- Lead smaller installs and provide consultancy, as a turnkey solution. From scoping the project, delivering the requirements and documenting the solution.
- Produce Statement of Works demonstrating that we understand detailed customer requirements by providing solutions which are tailored to individual customer needs, whilst being explicit and concise.
- Work with lead engineers and project managers delivering the technical elements of large scale projects to end customers ensuring adherence to the Khipu project management methodology and security standards in line with our ISO Certifications and industry best practice.
- Perform troubleshooting providing "hands on" escalation assistance to the support desk members
- We expect you to have good understanding of customer service, promote professional conduct and company values internally and to customers, have good oral and written communications skills, be able to learn and adopt new technologies and be able to work under pressure.
Skills and Experience
We expect you to have worked with one or more leading manufacturers of LAN/WAN/WLAN/Security technologies and you should have familiarity and experience in the design, configuration, implementation, documenting and troubleshooting of solutions for customers.
A track record implementing solutions with our manufacturers' portfolio below is desirable but not essential:
- Wireless technologies - Aruba/HP
- Wired technologies - Alcatel & HP
- Policy Enforcement - Aruba Clearpass
- Security Platforms - Palo Alto Networks, Greenbone & Bradford Networks
- Core services - Infoblox & Efficient IP,
- Endpoint Protection Technologies. - Cylance & TRAPs
The following knowledge is required for your specialised technology areas:
- An understanding of industry best practice implementation methodology and standards
- A proven track record in the solution implementation, configuration and troubleshooting
- A good understanding of processes involved with installation, configuration, documentation and system maintenance
- A good understanding of Microsoft Office suite
- Relevant manufacturer certifications
Khipu Networks is an award winning company and one of UK & South Africa’s leading advanced system integrators and one of a very small number of companies who have the technical expertise and products to respond to the commercial and business challenges of customers within todays mobility and network security landscape. Our main focus is cyber security, which is implied in all of our innovative and often unique solutions which meet the common and specialist requirements of our customers.
Khipu Networks reviews the security environment as a whole and advises organisations on the best practices and applications to meet legal and company obligations. We constantly review new and exciting technologies to satisfy the emerging customer requirements. These areas can cover audit, compliance, remote access, e-mail, internet, and access / authentication across fixed or wireless networks.
Our UK Offices are based on the edge of Ancells Business Park, within 10 minutes’ walk of Fleet mainline station with direct links into London. Ample free parking is also available on site.
What's in it for you?
Khipu recognises the value in investing in training and development of their staff and motivating them to perform at their best. Exceptional achievements are recognised and rewarded appropriately.
Along with a generous basic salary we also give you…..
- 23 day's holiday, rising with service to 28 days
- Buy/Sell holiday scheme
- Company pension scheme,
- Death in Benefit Insurance
- Access to voluntary benefit options such as private health insurance, cycle to work and child care vouchers.
All of this, in a professional and technically challenging, but at the same time inspiring and fun environment.