Engineering Test Engineer Manager Contract
Engineering Test Engineer/ Manager Contract
This is a direct contract position - up to 12 month
Salary: circa £37,500
- Annual Incentive Plan - 8% of basic salary
- Private medical insurance
- Pension matched up to 11%
- Holiday bonus - payable June and December (Each payment equivalent to 1 week's basic salary
- Life assurance
Our client is a world wide telecommunications company
They are recruiting for a Configuration Engineer to be based in Rugby
This is working on a long term contract
The company are part of a worldwide group of companies delivering mission critical communications services.
The company are expanding and we have a number of positions available to enable them to deliver high speed secure video and data on demand
This is to work within the Reference System to support the development, planning and execution of the designed tests to verify and validate solutions and service upgrades following business test governance processes.
This will include
- Delivery of successful test and acceptance activities for products, solutions and enhancements.
- Set direction for the test approach in the company’s Reference System and in the live environment (Operational Network).
- Scope, design, plan, manage and execute test and acceptance activities in Reference System and in the live environment.
- Build and manage end-user, authority and supplier relationships and expectations. And will lead on technical and commercial negotiations with suppliers, authorities and end-users.
- Analysis of requirements definition & specification, review of requirements for ambiguity and conflict
- Acquire a methodical understanding of the technical solution under test and authority and end-user requirements
- Define, negotiate, develop and gain agreement for test; scope, strategy, approach, plans, cases, scripts and reporting to required timescales and quality
• ITSQB foundation
• ITIL V3 foundation
• Proven practical experience of testing and test resources, scoping and executing technical testing in a telecommunications IT environment; both reference system and field testing including all test phases I stages
• Proven experience of building and establishing excellent working relationships with suppliers, customers and stakeholders at all levels working on large-scale projects
• Operate with a high degree of autonomy, exercising sound commercial judgment; ability to make decisions and provide recommendations to senior management
• Provide cost models to enable assessment of financial impacts
• Must have the skills and confidence to present to large audiences, senior management and customers
• Aptitude and capability to understand the functionality and requirements of the solution under test and associated customer operations to a sufficient level to enable direction setting in technical discussions / operational evaluation; possess a level of technical and commercial awareness to enable assessment of an appropriate test scope
You will need to have a full Driving License
You will need to get Security Cleared for this position and will undergo a UK security vetting process for this position.