Property Accountant - Residential Block Management
Property Accountant, Residential - South London - Our Client is a well-established property firm who offer a variety of services to their Clients. With over 30 years' experience of the London markets they operate in various divisions including professional services, commercial and residential property management and so forth. Their prestigious property accounting team are now seeking an experienced Client Accountant.
The Role: Reporting to the Head of Property Accounting and working within the residential block property management team, you will be required to fulfil the following duties:
- Preparing and the year-end service charge accounts prior to submission.
- Ensuring all the payments have been made and any outstanding arrears chased.
- Preparing section 20 Notices as and when required.
- Reviewing the company and service charge accounts at year-end before submitting them to the accountants for the final accounts.
- Performing bank reconciliations.
- Allocating incoming funds to relevant properties and tenants.
- Reconciling and checking all the financial reports and balances on a quarterly basis.
- Preparing reports for monthly management meetings.
- Producing monthly service charge arrears reports.
- Preparing Ground Rent Reports for Freeholders/Landlords and requesting the transfer of funds due on a monthly and some quarterly basis.
- On a daily basis calculating and checking accurate charges for the service charge demands, ground demands, year-end balance recharges and so forth.
The Person: To apply, you MUST have at least 3 years relevant residential block service charge accounting experience. You must be a team player and possess strong communication skills, this is a vital part of this role as you will be required to liaise between the Freeholder/Landlords and Property Managers at all times. This hands-on service charge accounting role will be best suited to one who has come from a mid-size managing agent and is able to perform all areas of a client accounting role. Strong IT skills including the use of Excel, TRAMPS, QUBE, etc. will be highly advantageous. This is a good opportunity to work with an established London firm offering you this all-round, important client accounting task.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.