Service desk analyst
Job Description for: IT SERVICE DESK ANALYST - LEVEL 1
We are a young, IT managed services and cloud services provider, specialising in cloud solutions. We provide clients with top level support as well as delivering solutions and services perfectly matched to their needs. With ambitious growth plans, this is an opportunity to grow with the business and become an integral part of the company as it expands.
Main Purpose of Job
- To provide first line helpdesk support to clients, assisting with IT issues via the phone, email and remote support tools.
- Assist with the specification, purchase, build, installation and configuration of client IT services and solutions.
- Use the company’s Service Desk (PSA) system to log all requests, issues and incidents and maintain full details of the actions taken to achieve resolution.
- Use the company’s Remote Management and Monitoring (RMM) tools to manage and monitor client infrastructure and work with NOC team.
- Provision cloud based services by utilising various vendor cloud portals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide first line technical support. This may include:
- Remote access to the client’s machine to resolve problems.
- Utilise the company’s RMM tools to continually monitor and manage problems as they arise and/or proactively prevent problems arising.
- To assist with physically building, configuring, installing or repairing IT services and solutions.
- Log all incidents in the Service Desk system as required/directed and follow the service desk management processes.
- Take ownership of client incidents and be pro-active when dealing with them.
- Keep the client informed regarding the status of incidents.
- Obtain quotes for software, hardware and services from providers as directed.
- Develop good working relationships with clients and establish a solid understanding of their infrastructure and business needs and issues. Also required to carry out some relationship management tasks.
- Routine PSA system administration such as completion of timesheets, updating client contact information, etc.
- Adhere to the company’s vision which is to help small to medium sized businesses in the Berkshire and Buckinghamshire area leverage the benefits that cloud computing and other technologies have to offer and back that up with first class managed IT support and service.
SKILLS + PERSON SPECIFICATION
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of computer networks an advantage
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration would be useful
- Polite and presentable
- Good communication skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Keen interest in IT, networks, computer hardware and software
- Good team player
- Some on-site work may be required but job holder may be accompanied by a senior engineer.
- Compliance with TMS’s policies and procedures, as amended from time to time.
- Must hold a full UK driver’s licence.