Senior Java Developer (Manchester) (Perm)
Senior Java Developer
£60,000 - £70,000 - Global Professional Services Organisation
We have a very promising opportunity for a Senior Java Developer to join a highly reputable Global law firm in Manchester, our client offering a fast paced and rapidly growing environment. The successful candidate will be joining the firm at a key stage in the development of what is going to be an Innovation centre supporting the client’s global application estate. As the Senior Java Developer you would be responsible for performing prototyping and development related tasks. The opportunity will utilise a wide range of delivery approaches, languages, tools and systems. Knowledge of full life-cycle application development frameworks and coding standards.
- Deep knowledge of Java and object oriented languages across wide range of web applications and frontend technologies
- Knowledge of full life-cycle application development frameworks and coding standards/patterns.
- Experience in developing prototypes and proof-of-concepts both for trails and full scale roll outs;
- Must have strong experience across multiple project methodology: Agile, Scrum or Waterfall
- Must have strong experience with utilizing software development tools and best practices, i.e. unit testing, code coverage, secure code analysis, source code management, continuous integration, etc.;
Essential Technical Skills
- Integration technologies
- XML / JSON /XSL
- RDBMS knowledge and database design
- Application servers - (e.g. WebLogic, WebSphere)
- Git and Maven
- Restful Services.
Desirable Technical Skills
- Machine Learning, AI, Cognitive Systems, Expert Systems;
- Data Science, Big Data, Predictive Analytics;