Project Manager - NHS
Up to £50,000 + benefits including parking, healthcare, pension, 25 days holiday per year
An expanding software solutions company, providing systems to the healthcare industry is seeking a Project Manager to manage the development and implementation of a complex system into NHS clinics and healthcare practices throughout the UK.
- Meet with client to agree the scope, deliverables and plan
- Develop project, resources, delivery plans and milestones
- Oversee work schedules and management of development teams
- Identify potential risks and take action
- Monitor project, ensuring milestones reached and reports on project maintained
- Attend regular project meetings and reviews with customer, be linchpin between client and development team
- Minimum 3 years' project management experience with strong strategic/project governance experience.
- Experience of managing large-scale healthcare software projects.
- Experience of working with project methodologies such as PRINCE2® and Agile.
- Working knowledge of different project management techniques and tools.
- Good all-round technical (IT/IS) knowledge.
- Understanding of healthcare software architecture.
- Understanding of software development techniques.
- Experience of working within or for the NHS.
- Familiarity of Open Source methods and technologies.
The successful Project Manager will have a can do attitude and be comfortable with change. They need to be commercially aware and be able to focus on the small and crucial details of the project whilst maintaining the "big picture" focus. The candidate must have a proven track record in healthcare software project management, ideally working for or within an NHS clinical setting. The Project Manager needs a broad understanding of healthcare policies and procedures, clinical terms and the current drivers in healthcare practices. The Project Manager needs to understand software well and would benefit from having a good technical knowledge.
The Project Manager will have proven project management skills and applied knowledge in all aspects of project delivery life-cycle and demonstrate strong leadership and people management skills.When applying; please make sure you include a contact email and telephone number, as well as your required salary, notice period and whether or not you have transport. First 4 Personnel (& Temps) Ltd is an established Recruitment Consultancy, Surrey-based, providing a full recruitment solution of temporary and permanent staff within the Surrey and Hampshire area, over 4 divisions:Accountancy & Finance; Sales & Marketing; Commercial & Office; IT & Executive. For more permanent, contract or temporary job opportunities in the Guildford, Farnham, Farnborough, Camberley, Weybridge, Woking, Staines and West Byfleet areas please check our website. You must reside in UK and be able to produce evidence of eligibility to work in UK. First 4 Personnel (& Temps) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to permanent roles.