Project Manager Team Leader
Project Manager Team Leader Leeds circa £48.000 + Excellent Benefits 35 hours Per Week
Project Manager Team Leader (Business Change)
Project Manager Team Leader Leeds
Circa £48.000 + Excellent Benefits 35 hours Per Week
Your new company:
Project Manager Team Leader (Business Change) required for a leading UK charity that have seen successful sustained growth and are now embarking on a major transformation programme. You will play a pivotal role in developing innovative solutions that enable our client to achieve its strategic aims whilst continuing to support millions of people to improve their quality of life throughout the UK. Do you want to be part of helping make a difference to people's lives?
Your new role
Our client is looking to recruit a Project Manager Team Leader (Business Change) to manage a team if multi-skilled Project Managers responsible for managing across, projects, workstreams and strategic initiatives. You will develop and improve the capability of the team with a strong focus on delivery and quality You will work with the Change Delivery Manager and Senior Project, Managers to upskill the team in Agile and Waterfall project principles and best practice Alongside the line management of the PMs you will provide `hands on` project management where required, modelling the desired behaviours and outcomes and adhering to and -helping enhance- the overall change management framework.
You will be responsible for:
- For supporting the team in the delivery of projects across the change portfolio, providing expertise where required on project management methodologies- waterfall and agile
- Planning, scheduling and the monitoring of change activities/workload, and supporting the team when required-ensuring the effective utilisation of available skills and knowledge allowing elimination of single points of failure and providing cover where appropriate
- Working in calibration with the Change Delivery Manager and Senior PMs to ensure stakeholders are keep updated on progress, risks and issues.
- Collaborate with wider functions, stakeholders to ensure effective engagement and workflow between the teams in Change Management.
- Provide regular feedback, performance monitor, develop and act as a coach to build core team competencies and recognise good performance.
- Identify training needs and address these to ensure individuals are appropriately trained to the prescribed standards of the Change Management Framework
- Promote positive, proactive and inclusive team spirit
- Ensure a high standard of recruitment, induction and training of new colleagues.
- Ensure the team adhere to, department and charity policy and procedures.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have at least 5 years' experience of proven project management and have at least 3 years line management experience. You will have experience in major change projects & programmes and be able to effectively demonstrate this. You will have the ability to mentor, coach and deliver personal development plans for direct reports.
You will have a proven track record of project delivery having worked across a variety of industries implementing transformational change projects
You will have excellent stakeholder management and communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships and operate in a professional and positive manner, focused on driving initiatives forward. You will be a logical thinker, detail oriented, creative and full of ideas that will contribute to the continual improvement to the way our client works.
- IT software development lifecycle and procurement process experience
- Have the ability to be organise, initiate, manage and deliver various sized projects
- Have practical experience in waterfall (Prince2 Practitioner, PMI, APMP, etc) and Agile methodology (Agile PM, DSDM, SCRUM, etc),
- Experience of Migration & System Integration related projects
- Hold advanced communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence at all levels
It would be beneficial to have experience in financial services or other heavily regulated environments
What you'll get in return
A highly competitive salary as well as a range of excellent benefits including 24 days holiday (rising with each year of service to 29), option to buy further holidays, pension scheme, cash healthcare scheme, a variety of discounted products and discounted parking
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.